What Else You Need to Know
When researching labour, you'll find a wealth of information on the web, in books and from friends and family. You may find that this becomes too much to take in. Here at pregnancy.uk, we've put together an easy-to-follow guide of the most important pieces of information to help you feel prepared for labour. Whether you wish to research pain relief and breathing techniques or prepare for a multiple birth, these pages contain everything you need to know.
Articles within this section:
- Waters Breaking
- Having Your Waters Broken by a Midwife
- Contractions During Labour
- Breathing Techniques During Labour
- Different Birth Positions
- Pain Relief During Labour
- Support Strategies During Labour
- Giving Birth to Multiples
The techniques contained in these articles should complement what is taught at antenatal classes, yet they will also help if you have yet to go or do not plan to attend any classes. These support strategies are designed to help you feel calm during labour, which in turn will aid a successful birth.